Getting Started & Setting Up
EMAGINE Getting Started Guide
Download the Getting Started Guide here
What Do I Need?
A HIGH-DEFINITION TV
EMAGINE is compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz
A FAST BROADBAND INTERNET CONNECTION
A wireless network or ethernet network with a broadband connection of 3Mbit/s or faster. For the best experience of viewing High Definition online videos & On-Demand content, stable speeds of 5Mbits/s or faster are recommended. High Speed Fibre Broadband services such as TM UniFi, TIME Fibre Broadband, Maxis Fibre Internet and others are recommended.
AN EMAGINE ACCOUNT
You can use EMAGINE without registering an account, but to create video playlists, access the EMAGINE Community shared playlists, subscribe to premium services, top up your EMAGINE account & more, you will need one. You can easily create a FREE EMAGINE account by accessing the My Account section through the button below.
How to Set Up?
Step 1: Connecting the cables
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the back of your TV.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the HDMI port on the back of the EMAGINE unit.
Step 2: Connect the power cord
Connect one end of the power cord to the power port on the back of the EMAGINE unit and the other end to a power outlet.
Step 3: Turn on your TV and select the input
Select the HDMI input connected to your EMAGINE unit.
Step 4: Switch EMAGINE on
Either press the power button on the remote or at the front of the EMAGINE unit itself.
If you see just a black screen the first time you use EMAGINE, make sure the input setting you’ve selected on your TV matches the input you connected the cables to on your TV or home theater receiver.
The first time you use EMAGINE, it will launch a quick setup guide and help you connect to your broadband network.
Step 5: Connect EMAGINE to your High Speed Broadband Internet
You can connect EMAGINE to the Internet either using a Wired Ethernet Network (LAN Connection), or wirelessly using Wi-Fi. To start,
- From the Main Menu, navigate to the right to Settings and click OK.
- Navigate to the right to Network and click OK.
To set up a Wired LAN Connection, all you need to do is plug in the network cable and EMAGINE will automatically be connected to the internet. Click “Save” and “Back” to go to the previous menu and continue using your EMAGINE.
To set up a Wireless WiFi Connection,
- Select Network Connection, choose Wireless and click OK
- Scroll to and select the Wireless Network Name (SSID)
- Enter your wireless password (if applicable) and click OK
- Scroll down and click “Save”. Once you see a “connected” indicator next to your wireless connection field, click “Back” to go to the previous menu and continue using your EMAGINE.